Friday, October 21, 2011

Week 5: "Poll of Popular Technology Usage"

I believe this Research paper is a very formal and professionally written. The paper describes everything very clearly. Everything from head to detail. I really like the paper because a reader can understand the research well. However, some explanations can be a bit repetitive in the beginning. For example, in Methodology and Sample Characteristics section, the survey methodology for both adults and students re described. I understand that the fundamental ways of reaching out for the population is the same but having 2 paragraphs was a bit boring.
The other good part of this paper is that the experimenter analyzes each question in detail. Almost all the numbers are described and rezoned in one way or the other to get to a small conclusion for each question. I can learn from this paper the fact that when analyzing the numbers, I have to write down all the numbers.
However, I personally think I will have hard time analyzing this paper because I simply can not collect that many answers. Another thing I noticed about the paper is it does not have a review of literature section. Perhaps the experimenter did not need it but I personally wished to see one. For my paper, I am unsure of what to write for the review of literature because that is one of the biggest sections and can possibly tie the experiment together. From my view point, analyzing the numbers and other explanations for this experiment are easier to write than the review of literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment